The Property Appraiser follows an annual calendar of events established by Florida Law. The following are key dates in the annual process of preparing the Property Value Roll:
- Assessments are based on the status of the property on this date each year. This is also the effective date for establishing the validity of exemptions and agricultural classification applications.
- Date that determines residency or ownership requirements to qualify for Homestead Exemption and Senior Citizen Exemption
- Deadline for filing annual application for all Exemptions for the current year
- Deadline for filing annual application for agricultural classification for the current year
- Deadline for filing Tangible Personal Property returns.
On or before July 1
- Property owners notified in writing of all exemptions and agriculture classification applications denied for the current year
On or before August 24th
- TRIM or Truth in Millage Notices are mailed out on behalf of all Taxing Authorities, to all property owners. This Notice includes the all pertinent values of the owner’s property for the current and prior year. The Notice also includes the proposed taxes by district with a date, time, and place that each taxing district will hold a public meeting on the subject. The Notice also announces the deadline for petitioning the Value Adjustment Board.
On or before September 18
- Deadline for filing petitions to the Value Adjustment Board. (see current TRIM Notice for deadline date)
On or before November 1
- The Tax Collector mails tax bills to property owners