Table 1: Comparison of Taxes Levied – County and Municipal Governments
Table 1 presents the following information:
- Millage Rates and Taxes Levied
- Prior Year Adopted
- Current Rolled-Back Rate (no budget increase)
- Current Adopted Rate
- Percent Change in Taxes Levied
- Current Adopted from Prior Adopted
- Current Adopted from Prior Rolled-Back Rate*
*Rolled-Back Rate refers to the tax levies based on last year’s budget and current assessments.
Table 2: Distribution of Taxes Levied by Property Type – County and Municipal Governments
Table 2 presents the proportion of property taxes paid for each county and municipal nonvoted levy by each of the following property types:
- Residential real property includes single family residential, real property mobile homes, duplexes, triplexes, other multi-family parcels, residential condominiums and those portions of other types of property which are used as a homestead.
- Homestead property
- Vacant lots
- Non-Residential real property includes the following types of property, excluding any portions used as a homestead.
- Commercial improved and vacant
- Industrial improved and vacant
- Other (government leasehold interests, miscellaneous, and non-agricultural acreage)
- Tangible Personal Property
- Railroad property centrally assessed by the state
- Percent of total taxes levied for New Construction
Provides technical information on the source and the calculation methodology of the data presented in the tables